1.15.2008

Winter Blues

Sometimes in the winter, I like to think longingly about summer things that I am missing. With the temperatures so cold this week, what a perfect time to imagine summer heat! (Don't worry, I know that in 6 months, I will be longing for the freezing temperatures again!)

-swinging at the park
-wearing flip flops all day!
-getting pink skin, that SOMETIMES turns brown
-the rising heat on the sidewalk
-the frogs that sing in the creek and jump on the sidewalk
-two months of vacation from work (I'm a teacher!)
-reading fiction for PLEASURE
-dipping my toes in the pool
-wearing bright colors
-taking walks in the evening with my hubby!
-diet cherry limeades from Sonic
-playing outside with my nieces and nephews at the park and pool

What are you missing right now about the summer?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ahhhhhh Summer!!!!

Let's see...

NOTHING!

What I don't miss...

Humidity = curly hair

Kidding..

I miss being outside with the kids playing.

I miss swimming everyday.

I miss the Lake of the Ozarks!

I miss using my camera everday!

I miss the feeling of the air conditioner after being outside.

I miss flip flops!!

I miss sitting outside watching the sunset.

I miss green grass!

I miss the summer breezes!

I miss running around bare foot!

I miss the ice cream truck!

I miss walking every night!

I miss going to the park everyday!

Good Post Erin!!!