1.26.2008

Favorite Gift

My favorite gift ever was a framed piece of poetry that my husband, Donnie had written. He actually gave it to me when we were still dating. I think we were celebrating an anniversary. It could have been the anniversary of our first date. Actually, on Monday it will have been 10 years since that night.
This man is a person who is Jesus to me. What I first noticed about him was his compassion for others. I was impressed by how he had gotten a call from someone in our class who had car trouble, and went to help, even though he was pressed for time with practice and studies. And no, he wasn't doing it because he was trying to get a date with anyone! He is also passionate about following Christ. He wants God's best for his life and for others around him. Lots of people have told me that they feel like they can ask Donnie any kind of question and he doesn't make them feel stupid. He is a really good teacher, too.
Do you have a favorite gift?

No comments: