1.17.2008

Snow Day!

So, I'm a teacher. Yesterday, my class along with 7 other classes had the chance to listen to Bryan Busby talk about weather. He was hilarious! One of the stories he told had to do with convincing the kids how much their teachers look forward to snow days. He talked about how we go home and flip channels, trying to find the meteorologist that is predicting the highest amount of snowfall. Then we walk around the house teasing and taunting everyone about having to go to work the next day... Only to wake up and see that there is barely any snow on the ground and have to face the fact that we really do have to go to work!
Well Mr. Busby, that 1-2 inches of snow that you thought was coming ended up turning into 3-4. (He also explained how difficult it is to predict how billions of molecules that you can't see with tons of other factors affecting them will act.) I know that this is not Cincinnati where you grew up with blizzards and mountains of snow, but I for one am not complaining about getting an early morning call that let me sleep in!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ahhhh the power of prayer!!! HeeHee! I am not complaining about that early morning call either! Perhaps we can get another one tomorrow!
Glad you slept in! I didn't!