2.18.2008

The Shack

So I recently finished reading this AMAZING book called The Shack by William P. Young. It has really helped me to think through some of the perceptions I've had about God. You know the questions that most of us ask about why God allows bad things to happen or why did this have to happen to someone so good? I've realized that those questions are valid and that God is listening, that God is hurting because of those things, too.
Reading this story about a man who meets God was so refreshing. It helped me to see that even though people make choices that affect others in bad ways and that we often walk away from God, he is always following us, trying to have a relationship with us. God's plan involves trying to redeem all of those circumstances. He wants to help us to have a relationship with him even though those bad things have happened. He is not causing the bad things to happen to get us to notice him... He is trying to help us by continually shaping the choices we make into his ultimate plan to be our Father.
I don't know if that made total sense, but I really think that you should read this book yourself.

No comments: