2.02.2008

Daily Reading 26

Sorry I haven't been doing daily posts for the daily reading thing...

"Jesus... kneeled down and prayed, 'Father if you are willing, take away this cup of suffering. But do what you want, not what I want...' His sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground." -Luke 22:41-44
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." -John 14:1

Jesus is praying, alone with the exception of God. It is not going to be long before Jesus dies. And he knows it. He is totally showing that he is fully human here. He is afraid. And it is part of the bible, so we are given this story so that we can know that he was really afraid. Most of us, though, don't want anyone to kow we're afraid. He's not pretending to be strong for the benefit of others. He's actually asking FOR strength. He is going to his Heavenly Father. He is trusting Him.
It is amazing to me that Jesus went into the events of his death knowing exactly what was going to happen. He faced them. He was not alone, though.
We don't ahve to go through junk that happens to us alone either. God wants to walk with us, too. He also put us together onthis earth because he wants us to help each other. Don't go through life alone. Let God in. Tell Him your fears and trust Him. I'd love to help, too. Let me knowif I can. emillerk@gmail.com

1 comment:

Emily said...

This is one of the days that I really enjoyed reading. Realizing that He too was a man. Realizing that He too knows pain and suffering. It has helped me a lot knowing that He understands, and wants to help. I am struggling to remember that in my struggles He is with me. It's just been a hard concept to learn. But I am trying. Thanks for being there with me through that process. XXXHugsXXX