4.12.2008

Someday 1

There are things that I think about a lot that I'd really like to accomplish, learn, grow into, and become better at. Have you ever made a list like this?

SCRAPBOOKING
I've spent a lot of time lately looking at creative blogs. Blogs that have to do with things like scrapbooking, card making, and sewing. One of the reasons that I don't do AS MUCH scrapbooking etc. as I'd like is because of limited resources. I don't throw a TON of money at these hobbies. Enough, I guess, but not as much as I COULD. So one of the things that I want to get better at is crafting. I LOVE this page from one of my favorite bloggers. Susan Weinroth. I think part of the reasons is because I am now 29 and think it would be fun to make a page like this!

SEWING
Sewing is something that I've always wanted to be good at, but never really taken the time to learn. My sister, Casey, is going to take a class this summer. Maybe if I see that it is doable for her, I will take the time to learn, too. She is the one with the sewing machine after all. This is a pillow that the same girl above, Susan, made for her baby's room. Isn't is soooo cute??? Her grandmother made a quilt with the same material. It is GORGEOUS!
PHOTOGRAPHY
Besides crafting, I'd really like to get better at taking pictures. I think looking at the pictures taken by people who have a camera in their hands at all times helps you to understand how to find a focus for your pictures. I think I'll have to take a class for this one, too. But it would definitely be fun. This summer we're going to Alaska on a cruise with Princess Cruise lines. I think Donnie and I will be fighting over the camera!

THE BOB!
Getting my haircut as rarely as I do, once every four to five months, is always a battle in my head. Should I chop it off or let it grow? I think most women have experienced this lifelong torment... Here is the picture that I keep thinking I will use as inspiration for my next "axing" haircut. What do you think? Can I pull it off? The bigger question is can I maintain it by getting my haircut every 6-8 weeks??? (I do realize that I am not as skinny as this chick!)
What are you going to do someday?

2 comments:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debbie said...

I say if you want that hairdo, than get it! Summer is coming ...hopefully...and it will feel good to sport a shorter style! I may get the bangs a little shorter though because if they don't stay perfectly over to the side they are going to fall right into your eyes and that would be annoying to me. I would get the highlights too!

I love doing crafts, right now I am working on barrettes to sell at the gardner garage sale!