6.01.2009

An Evening of Smiles

This past Saturday I stopped in at the two clubs and met several new faces at stop number one. Actually, it was crazy because I did not know a single person. I met a new bouncer, bartneder, and two ladies that I had not yet met. The gift for this month had not come together, so I punted the first option and went with a sweet treat instead--popcorn snack mix and some mini cans of pop. The bouncer/dj looked perplexed, but buzzed me in and I headed straight for the dressing room where I chatted for a bit with the ladies getting ready. I got the same question I usually do when meeting new people. "What is this for?" I explained that I am from a church in Gardner and that my husband is the pastor. I said that we decided a long time ago thatwe wanted to do something to show God's love in a different way than normal. I appreciated the smile on their faces. I told them about the cards with our information inside and let them know that truely, if they needed help with anything to let us know.
At stop number two, there were lots of familiar smiling faces as well. At the bar, lots of guys were interested in the snacks, but the ladies made sure to tell them that they weren't for them. I liked the fact that they were aware that they didn't have to share. :)

No comments: