10.02.2008

Conflicts all around

So the other night as I was working at my computer, I heard a heated argument between two guys in the hallway. They were arguing about their job responsibilities and throwing threats and insults around. Since I am such a tough looking person (NOT) I thought that maybe I should go out and let them know that someone was in earshot... and that maybe they should calm down before things got carried away. Even though I suggested this, they kept it up. I thought they might actually throw a punch! But after a minute, I think they realized that they really should stop before things got out of hand. Let me tell you, egos were involved.
When I got back in my room, my phone rang... Another coworker down the hall had heard everything that was going on. She asked if we should call our boss. I said that I had been thinking about it. SO... I did.
Am I a rat? What if kids had been around? What if something had happened and someone did get hurt? They're both adults, but don't I have the responsibility to help people see that there are other ways besides abusing each other words or fists? My husband thinks I am crazy sometimes for getting involved. Maybe I am...

No comments: